Wednesday, September 21, 2016

English For SMK "Will Vs Be Going To"



Simple Future
“will + V1” vs “be going to + V1

English For SMK kali ini akan mengulas tentang Simple Future Tense (bentuk waktu yang akan datang) adalah bentuk waktu yang digunakan untuk menyatakan perbuatan yang akan terjadi/dilakukan di masa yang akan datang. 

Simple Future form: “Will + V1” dan “be going to + V1”

    will + V1
         I will help you.
         She will call me when I arrive.
be going to + V1

         He is going to spend his vacation in London.
         I’m going to be an actor when I grow up.

Perbedaan menggunakan Will + V1 dengan “be going to +V1” sebagai berikut:
A.  Will + V1
          We use “will" to express a voluntary action
          A: I’m really hungry.
          B: I will make some sandwiches.
          We use “will" to express a promise
          I promise I will not tell him about the surprise party
          We use “will” to express a spontaneous decision (the action is decided at the moment of speaking)
          A: The phone is ringing.
          B: I will answer.

B.  Be going to + V1
          We use “will” to request help or offer help 
          Will you please help me to do my homework?
          We use “will” with words and expressions like probably, possibly, perhaps, I’m sure, I expect
          I will probably get there by car.
          We use “will” when the main verb is “be” even if we talk about the planned events
          I will be in London tomorro
Catatan :
shall + not dapat disingkat menjadi shan't
will + not dapat disingkat menjadi won't

Contoh :
- We shall not go to Jakarta next week..
  (Kami tidak akan pergi ke Jakarta minggu depan.)
- She will not finish her homework  tomorrow.
  (Dia tidak akan menyelesaikan pekerjaan rumah besok.)


          We use “be going to” to talk about prior plans, strong intentions, or fixed arrangements
          I am going to buy a new car next year.
          We use both “will” or “be going to” to predict future events.
          The weather tomorrow will be sunny.
          You are going to be a famous artist.
Note: we use “be going to” (not “will”) to make predictions about events when there is a concrete evidence.
          Look at those dark clouds in the sky. It is going to rain soon.
Catatan :
Penambahan kata “not” diletakan setelah “to be”
To be yang di gunakan tergantung pada subject nya

Contoh :
- She is  not going to buy a doll next week.
  (Dia tidak akan membeli sebuah boneka minggu depan.)
- We are not going to finish homework this morning.
  (Kami tidak akan menyelesaikan pekerjaan rumah pagi ini.)


Keterangan waktu yang sering digunakan dalam Simple Future Tense adalah :
1
the day after tomorrow
lusa
2
tonight
nanti malam
3
this morning
pagi ini
4
this afternoon
sore ini
5
this weekend
akhir pekan ini
6
tomorrow
besok
7
tomorrow morning
besok pagi
8
next week
minggu depan
9
three days later
tiga hari lagi
10
immediately
segera

Semoga bermanfaat yaaa…
Maafkan apabila ada kesalahan dalam penulisan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment