Thursday, November 10, 2016

English For SMK "Soal UAS SMK XI"



Hi, Sobat semua. English for SMK hadir kembali dengan latihan soal untuk persiapan ujian akhir semester ganjil. semoga latihan ini dapat membantu dan meningkatkan pengalaman belajar dan hasil yang memuaskan. Semoga bermanfaat...






UJIAN AKHIR SEMESTER GANJIL

TAHUN PELAJARAN 


LISTENING SECTION
In this section of the test, you will have the chance to show how well you understand spoken English. They are are four parts to this section, with special directions for each part

Part I
Directions: For each question, you will see a picture in your test book and you will hear four short statements. These statements will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say.

When you hear the four statements, look at the picture in your test book and choose the statement that best describes what you see in the picture. Then, on your answer sheet, find the number of the question and mark your answer. Look at the sample below.




















Now listen to the four statements:
a. The restaurant is very crowded
b. A man is serving the customer
c. A butterfly is flying around her neck
d. The girl is having the trays on her hands

Statement (d)”The girl is having the trays on her hands” best describes what you see in the picture. Therefore, you should choose answer (d).
1.  




Part II
Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear a question spoken in English, followed by three responses, also spoken in English. The question and responses will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. You have to choose the best response to each question.

Now listen to a sample question.
You will hear:
A : Good morning, John. How are you?
You will also hear:
a. I’m fine, thank you.
b. I’m in the living room.
c. My name is John.

The best response to the question “How are you?” is choice (a), “I am fine, thank you”
Therefore, you should choose answer (a).
4. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
5. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
6. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
7. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.



Part III
Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear four short conversations. You will hear the conversations two times. The conversations will not be printed in your test book. So you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say.

In your test book, you will read a question about each conversation. The question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet.

8. Where does the conversation likely take place?
a. In a tailor c. In a department store
b. In a laundry d. In a drug store

9. Who is available at the office?
a. The marketing manager c. Both of them
b. The personnel manager d. None of them

10. How will the woman get to the third floor?
a. Walk up the stairs c. In the elevator
b. On the escalator d. By car
11. How many nights will the manager stay in the hotel?
a. One night c. Three nights
b. Two nights d. Four nights
Part IV
Direction: In this part of the test, you will hear two short talks. You will hear the talks two times. They will not be printed in your test book. So you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say.

In your test book, you will read two questions about each talk. The question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet.

Questions 12 and 13 refer to the following advertisement.
12. What is offered?
a. A tour package c. A hotel
b. A sport center d. A restaurant

13. Where is it likely located?
a. In the mountain c. By the lake
b. In the country-side d. At the beach

Questions 14 and 15 refer to the following manual.
14. What equipment is talked about?
a. A tape recorder c. A computer
b. A VCD player d. A printer

15. What do we have to do to move the holder to the 
center?
      a. Plug the printer in         c. Open the front cover
      b. Turn the computer on   d. Unpack the BJ Cartridge

THIS IS THE END OF LISTENING SECTION

16. Lia : Would you like to go watch a movie this weekend?
Nia : I can’t, i’m low on cash right now. “ .......... stay at home and watch TV instead
a. I think
b. What about
c. Let’s
d. How about

17. Ali : I submitted my essay to the teacher few days ago, but I haven’t received any response from her. 
      Ani : ............. go and ask her.

a. I propose
b. Why don’t you
c. I will do
d. Shall us

18. Indri  : My computer is attacked by virus,…
      Desy :  ok, you can get it in my room       
a. May I borrow yours ,please?
b. Should I use yours, please?
c. Will I use yours, please?
d. Must I use yours, please?

19. Ani : I have a lot of work to finish. I don’t know how i will manage.
 Nia  : …….  Half of it if you want.
a. I think D. I will help you
b. I’m Very well E. I’m good

20. Rudi : last night I couldn’t sleep well, and now I got headache.
      Lina : ........................ you should go home and take a rest?
      Rudi : ok thank.
a. I suggest
b. Let’s  to meet you
c. May I introduce myself
d. I think so

21. Student: What should we do to be success 
                     students?
Teacher: … as well as possible so that all 
                     activities can be done.
a. You should manage your time.
b. You may not manage your time.
c. You will manage your time.
d. You mustn’t manage your time.

22. Cook    : What’s the matter with your finger? It’s bleeding.
      Helper   : It was cut while I was chopping the  beef.
      Cook  : . . . .  It will stop the bleeding.
A. You had better not cut your finger
B. You shouldn’t chop the beef with this knife
C. What about having your friend chop the beef?
D. Why don’t you put a band aid on the cut?

23. Indra : Who deserves to be the leader of our   group?
Tika : I think Mr. Harto is the most promising  leader. He is smart, wise and has the sense  of leadership.
      Indra  : …....... Besides, he is handsome and nice to us  too.
A. I don’t really care
B. I’m against your opinion
C. I don’t think so
D. I absolutely agree with you

24. Gani     : What is your opinion about that film?
     Gita     : ……………………………………..
a. I want to stay at home   
b. I love this opinion
c. I think that is good
d. I think you like it

25. Han    : I think we should visit at least four or five
     different interesting places, this time.
        Hari     : …. I think we’ll have enough time to do that
a. I don’t care about that
b. I disagree with you
c. I agree with you
d. I agree with me

26. Khan : What do you think, Kris? Is it right?
    Kris : ………………….
A. Yes you are right but you must think the side effect
B. No, you are right but don’t do
C. Don’t you think right
D. Didn’t you are right 

27. Adi : ........ succeed to get first rank on the singing contest
      Ria : Thanks for your pray
a. I’m like to hear that you
b. How bad you are
c. You must study harder
d. I hope you

28. Yoga   :  We will have a family dinner tonight. Would you 
  join us?
      Ika     :  Sure,…. What time should I be there?
A. It’s a pleasure C. It won’t be a problem
B. I have to D. I’ll have dinner 

29. Fika  : Mr. Budi, my husband and i are celebrating our    
    3rd wedding anniversary. Would you come?
       Budi  : ……
a. I’m happy to hear that!
b. Great!
c. How wonderfull he is!
d. Oh, thank you! I would be delighted to when is it?

30. Caller :  Can I talk to your finance manager?
      Secretary :  I’m sorry, he is not in. Would you like to 
leave a message?
      Caller :  No, thank you. ….
A. He’ll call me back
B. Tell him that his sister called
C. I’ll call back later
D. I’ll leave the message on his table

31. Fika  : Budi,our class leader got an accident yesterday
        Eric  : ……
a. I’m happy to hear that!
b. Great!
c. How wonderfull he is!
d. I’m sorry to hear that!

32. Foreigner: could you tell me where the nearest bank is?
       Ana          : its two block from here.
        Foreigner: thank you very much
       Ana         : ……………….
a. Same-same
b. Thank you, too
c. You must do it
d. You’re welcome

33. Andi: …,I don’t bring your dictionary which I  
      borrowed yesterday
     Raka: Never mind,you can bring it tomorrow,ok?
a. Apologize me please  c. are you angry
b. I’m happy                     d. be relax

34. Afnan :  are you sure that our school will be 
100 % successful on National 
Examination.
 Zunita :   … because all the school elements 
give their best support for them.
A. I’m not sure            C.  I’ m doubt of it
B. I’m absolutely sure about it    D. I know it


35. Retno  : …...... when I was only four years  old.
      Wiwin : Really?, I’m sorry to hear that
a. I get an accident
b. I gets an accident
c. I’m getting an accident
d. I got an accident

Questions 36 to 38 are based on the following advertisement


SALES MANAGER
Multinational company seeks SALES MANAGER for its office product division. Candidates must have 10 years experience in sales development and management in the field and ability to motivate and train incoming sales staff. Good salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should send their resumes to : Sinar Jaya News. Box 1905 Jakarta. 

36. Which segment of the business is seeking for sales manager?
A. The multinational company
B. The office products division
C. The personnel division
D. The overseas staff

37. What will the sales manager probably spend part of his/her doing?
A. Developing product
B. Collecting a salary
C. Teaching new sales people
D. Writing a resume

38. Where should applicants send their resumes?
A. To the company
B. To the division manager
C. To the vice president of sales
D. To the newspaper

Question 39 - 41 refer to the following passage 

If you want to advance your career, you will have to make some careful decision about which job you take. Evaluate a job offer. It may mean sacrifices at first. You may have to move to a different region to get a proper job. You may have to work late hours. You might even have lower salary. But you should never accept a job if it is not related to your career goals. 
Accepting a job that is not within your career path will not give you the training for experience you need. You will find yourself frustrated in such position and consequently will not perform your best. This will affect the people around you. The best advice is to think carefully before accepting any position and make sure the job is one of what you want.

39. What is the similar meaning of the word “affect” (line 3, par. 2)
A. Notify C. Influence
B. Disturb D. Make

40. What kind of job should you never accept?
A. One not related to your career goal
B. One that requires you to work night
C. One that requires a long commute
D. One that makes you work hard
41. What is not mentioned as a sacrifice for a valuable job?
A. Moving C. Bad hours
B. Low salary D. No benefits


No 42 – 44 refers to the following invitation letter

Citra bookshop would like to invite you to a lunch party to celebrate the publication of English in PROGRESS, the new SMK English book by Munash F Anwar will be available to sign copies
Date : March 17th, time: 12.00
Location : Mulia hotel Jakarta
Please reply Ms Estefan on (021) 733433

42. When will the lunch pary be held?
a. Mei 17th
b. April 12th
c. February 1st
d. March 17th
43. What is the invitation for?
a. To celebrate the publication of English in PROGRESS
b. To celebrate the Citra bookshop
c. To give the Citra bookshop
d. To buy the Citra bookshop
44. Where the party be held?
a. At Citra bookshop
b. At Mulia Hotel Jakarta
c. At English course
d. At Munash's house
e.
No. 45 – 47 refers to the following simple invitation


Dear Firman,
Can we arrange to meet next week? Does Wednesday at 03.30 suit you? If you can make it then, please suggest to another date. I'm free everyday next week except Friday morning.
With best wishes

Cindy

45. Who is the writer the massage?
a. Cindy
b. Firman
c. Cindy's friend
d. Firma's friend



46. What time does cindy suggest to firman for their meeting?
a. At 03.40
b. At 03.10
c. At 03.30
d. At 02.30

47. Cindy has free time next week except on?
a. Friday
b. Saturday
c. Sunday
d. Monday


Questions 48 to 50 refer to the following text
Johny Weismuller (1904- 1984) the movie’s first Tarzan of sound film, was a great swimmer. During his career, he won five Olympic gold medals and held sixty world records. He was surely one of the greatest swimmers in his century, sixty records were surely great accomplishment in one’s life time. Johny dedicated himself completely to his career.  He spent so much money, effort, and time.

48. What is the main idea of the text?
a. the movie’s first Tarzan of sound film
b. sixty records were surely great in his life time
c. He was one of the greatest swimmers in his century
d. Johny dedicated himself to his career.
49. What did the best career Johny have?
a. action star
b. the movie star
c. the movie’s first Tarzan
d. greatest swimmer
50. The synonym of the word “greatest’ is….
a. Beautiful     c. wellknown
b. Satisfied d. The best


………GOOD LUCK………








ANSWER KEY:


1) D
2) C
3) A
4) A
5) B
6) B
7) A
8) C
9) D
10) A
11) B
12) A
13) D
14) D
15) D
16) C
17) B
18) A
19) B
20) D
21) B
22) B
23) C
24) B
25) D
26) D
27) C
28) B
29) B
30) B
31) B
32) C
33) B
34) B
35) A
36) B
37) C
38) D
39) D
40) B
41) B
42) A
43) A
44) A
45) B
46) C
47) D
48) D
49) D
50) A

1 comment: