Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Speaking on the Phone "English For SMK"

Speaking on the Phone

For non-native English speakers, communicating via telephone can be a very difficult task. There are some common phrases and words that are used. There are some common basic words and phrases that are commonly used to conduct a telephone conversation.
Common Telephone Phrases for the Person Make The Phone Call (Caller)
Greeting
§  Hi - Hello - Hello, how are you?
§  good morning - good afternoon -good evening
§  How’s life?
Introductions
§  This is .... (give your name)
§  This is ....( give your name, from (state place, or company).
§  Hello this ...(give your name)
Requesting Someone
§  Can I please speak to .... (give the person's name)
§  I would like to speak to...(give the person's name)
§  Is ....(give the person's name) available.
§  Is it possible to speak to ....(give the person's name).
§  I need to speak to ....(give the person's name)
When Party (the person you are trying to call) is Unavailable
§  Do you know when he/she will return to the office/home?
§  I will call back latter/in an hour/tomorrow.
§  May I leave a message, please?
§  Do you know when he/she will be available?
§  Please tell him .....(give your name) called, and I will call latter/call again.
§  Please have him/she call me back.
§  Can I leave my telephone number? My phone number is.....(give your number)?
§  Please have him/her contact at ......(state a place or a phone number).
§  Where/How can I reach him/her?
§  What is her/his mobile phone number/Cell/Cellular phone number?
Faxes
§  May I send you a fax?
§  What is your fax number?
§  Did you receive my fax?
§  I send a fax to..... (give person's name), did he.she receive it?

Asking for Information
Other Useful Telephone Phrases/Words
§  Who am I speaking to?
§  Who is calling?
§  The number is busy.
§  My I hold on the line.
§  I sorry can't hear you.
§  I sorry I can't understand you.
§  Please speak slowly, I am having a difficult time understanding you.
§  The line was disconnected.
§  Please connect me to ....(give the name or the person, or the extensions)

9 comments:

  1. menurut saya dengan ada nya tugas ini saya menjadi lebih tau tenteng berbicara di telepon menggunakan bahasa inggris
    by : ngifatul ma'lufah

    ReplyDelete
  2. saya jadi tahu bagaimana berkomunikasi lewat telefon menggunakan bhs inggris dengan baik dan benar

    ReplyDelete
  3. sangat bagus untuk kemajuan berkomunikasi berbhasa inggris
    by ega kurniawan

    ReplyDelete
  4. dengan saya membaca postingan ini saya menjadi lebih tau bagaimana berkomunikasi dengan bahasa inggris melalui telepon, dan dengan berkomunikasi dengan bahasa inggris dapat memotifasi para pelajar supaya giat mempelajari bahasa inggris
    dari : rizki dwi syahputri sepuluh akuntansi dua

    ReplyDelete
  5. setelah saya membaca posting diatas saya menjadi lebih tau bagaimana cara berkomunikasi melalui telefon dengan menggunakan bahasa inggris yang baik. dan saya jadi pengen lebih giat lagi belajar bahasa inggris supaya saya dapat berkomunikasi menggunakan bahasa inggris lebih baik lagi.
    by : ama winaya 10 AK 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. sanggat bagus untuk berkomunikaasi bahasa inggris itu>>>>>

    by : Gayuh surya aji

    ReplyDelete
  7. saya juga ingin bljar b.inggris yg baik

    ReplyDelete
  8. sangat membantu dalam berbicara bahasa inggris

    By : Kharisma jiwani X AK 1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dengan adanya postingan di atas saya jadi lebih tau cara berkomunikasi lewat telephone menggunakan bahasa inggris itu juga tidak terlalu sulit .asal ada kemauan pasti dechhhh ada solusinya. dan pastinya saya akan mencoba belajar berkomunikasi lewat telephone dengan bahasa inggris selagi masih ada kesempatan ,.


    By : Reny S .A XI AP 3

    ReplyDelete