Sunday, July 14, 2013

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Sample Ways to Introduce Yourself


Introductions can range from formal to casual and even playful. Here are some examples to get the conversation started.
First, introduce yourself:
  • “Hello, my name is John Smith.”
  • “Hey, how are you? I’m John.”
  • “My name’s John. What’s yours?”
Next, give a little info about yourself or break the ice:
  • “That’s a great tie. Where did you get it?”
  • “I’m originally from San Diego, but I just moved here a week ago. Are you from around here?”
  • “Say, where’s the best place to grab some barbeque?”
Listen to their response, and keep the conversation going:
  • “Oh, you got that tie from JCPenney? They’ve really improved their stores lately.”
  • “So you’re originally from Canada. Do you ski?”
  • “Saucy’s BBQ, eh? What’s your favorite dish there?”
Close the conversation:

  • “It has been a pleasure meeting you. I look forward to seeing you again.”
  • “Sounds like you know a lot about this city. Maybe you could show me around sometime?”
  • “Well, if you’re ever craving barbecue, let me know and we can go to lunch.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment